About Touchstone Energy Cooperatives
Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for 740 local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives in 46 states that collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members a day.
Electric cooperatives ...
- Are located in 80 percent of the nation’s counties
- Have 42 million member-owners
- Distribute power across 2.5 million miles of line
- Serve 75 percent of the U.S. land mass
- Own $130 billion in generation, transmission and distribution assets
- Offer electricity generated from renewable sources at 88 percent of all electric co-ops
What Makes Our Cooperatives Different
Owned by the members they serve, Touchstone Energy Co-ops are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. Co-ops look out for their members and provide high standards of service based on four core values: integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Touchstone Energy Co-ops rank well ahead of their industry counterparts in customer satisfaction. According to the American Customer Satisfaction Index—one the nation’s most recognized measures of customer satisfaction—Touchstone Energy Cooperatives score an average of 83 out of a possible 100, besting the utility industry average of 77.