KIUC is a not-for-profit generation, transmission and distribution cooperative owned by the members it serves. Headquartered in Lihue, Hawaii, the cooperative serves 33,000 electric accounts on the island of Kauai. KIUC is a nationally recognized leader in the use of renewable energy and is committed to using solar, biomass and hydropower to produce at least 70 percent of the island's electricity by 2030.
Walk-in service will be temporarily discontinued until further notice. Payments can be made via mail, phone and online via SmartHub. For electric service or other inquiries, please call 246.4300 during normal business hours or email us at email@example.com. We appreciate your understanding as we prioritize safety along with providing reliable service.
Hawaii Public Utility Commission (PUC) Actions
1. On May 4, 2020, the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC) issued an order that all PUC-regulated utilities shall suspend disconnections of utility services during the pendency of the Governor’s Emergency Proclamation, and until otherwise ordered by the PUC.
View a summary of PUC Order 37125.
View the full text of PUC Order 37125: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ORDER-NO.-37125.pdf
2. On May 28, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37153, which extended Order 37125 through June 30, 2020.
View a summary of PUC Order 37153.
View the full text of PUC Order 37153: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ORDER-NO.-37153.pdf
3. On June 26, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37189, which extended Order 37125 through July 30, 2020.
View a summary of PUC Order 37189.
View the full text of PUC Order 37189: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Order-No.-37189_Non-Docketed_FINALOrderAddressingExtensionofSuspensionofTermination_6-26-2020.pdf
4. On July 31, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37251, which extended order 37125 through August 31, 2020.
View a summary of PUC Order 37251
View the full text of PUC Order 37251: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ORDER-37251.pdf
5. On August 3, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37252, which approved KIUC's request for deferred accounting treatment to establish a regulatory asset associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the full text of PUC Order 37252: https://dms.puc.hawaii.gov/dms/DocumentViewer?pid=A1001001A20H03A83954D00015
6. On August 24, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37284, which extended order 37125 through December 31, 2020. View a Summary of PUC Order 37284.
View the full text of PUC Order 37284: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Order-No.-37284_NonDocketed.pdf
KIUC Releases on COVID-19
- Suspension of Customer Disconnects for Non-Payment to Continue | 8.25.2020
- KIUC Extends Suspension of Customer Disconnects | 07.24.2020
- Suspension of Customer Disconnects Extended | 7.02.2020
- KIUC Adjusts to Meet COVID-19 Challenges | 05.07.2020
- KIUC Extends Suspension of Customer Disconnects | 4.08.2020
- KIUC Temporarily Suspends Customer Disconnects | 03.17.2020
- KIUC Announces Temporary Customer Service Changes | 03.12.2020
- KIUC Prepares for COVID-19 | 03.09.2020
LIHEAP & Energy Assistance Program Information - For information and to apply, call KEO at 245.4077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
County emergency assistance program - County of Kauai is partnering with Family Life Center and Mālama Pono Health Services to implement a new program that offers emergency rental, mortgage, and utility assistance. For more information and to apply for assistance, please contact these non-profit organizations directly.
- Family Life Center, 212-0850
- Mālama Pono Health Services, 246-9577.
Women In Need, the Kūpa‘a Kaua‘i CARES and County of Kaua‘i’s Housing Agency have a program that offers emergency rental, mortgage, and child care assistance. For more information and to apply for assistance, please contact Women In Need at 245-1996 or via email at email@example.com.
Links to COVID-19 Information
2020 Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom
June 22, 2020